Friday, September 6, 2013

Lamp Change-Up

Hello everyone!

How has your week gone?  I hope it has been good.  I've been enjoying nice sunny days since last weekend.  Now if the cooler weather would just accompany those sunny days, I'll be happy!  

School has been ramping up fast for my youngest son!  He has already come home with a fund raiser, picture day notice, yearbook order request, and the dreaded homework assignments!  Gosh, they don't waste any time do they?  He also has been busy with orthodontist appointments lately.  Fun, fun!  

Meanwhile, I've been doing a few things around the house besides the usual chores and errands.  I decided I wanted to change up the sofa table in my family room.  

I brought up a larger size lamp from the basement that I wasn't using.  It's practically new since I just got it last year!



I like the color of the shade when it's lit up at night.  I took this photo in the early morning so you could see it better.  During the day, the sun drowns out the light bulb.  



I like the size of this lamp better behind the sofa too.  It was too big for the small round table beside the sofa.

Oh, and I placed a different arrangement on the coffee table too.  
  


The white lamp that was in here moved to the dining room.  



The lamps that were in here were fine, but I didn't want to put this lamp in the basement.  Just couldn't do it.  LOL!  So, I decided it would work in here nicely, even though there is only one.  I wish I had one more though!




I may still change up the pitchers on the other side of this sideboard. And I'm still deciding whether to keep the small wreath on the mirror.  I'm loving the crisp white against the grey furniture.  The other lamps were a cream color.  And yes.......they went into the basement.  Poor things.  

Well that about does it for now.  I've changed a few more things around here, but will share in a later post.  

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Thanks for stopping by.

~ Kelly ~

29 comments:

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

The lamp changes look great! Have a great weekend!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

The lamps all look fabulous. I especially love the one on the sofa table, great shape and shade. Hugs, Marty

Unknown said...

Luv the 'new' lamp. Perfect size and yes... the shade is very pretty.
The one from the living room looks quite at home on the sideboard in the dining room as well.
Happy weekend!!!
Hugs, Gee

Becky said...

I just love your style! I need to paint some things I have around my house to bring that neutral calming feel. Keep up the inspiring little changes!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Like your lamp swappings and yes it needs to cool down.

Lisa @ Texas Decor said...

Love the lamp swap! I also love the little wreath on the mirror. So pretty. Ugh...orthodontist appointments. Not fun. I joke because I only have 2 kids, but I've paid for 3 sets of braces. My youngest needed them twice. Fun. I think I've spent literally weeks of time in the orthodontist's waiting room between my two kids. LOL!

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

I think the lamp swap looks great! You always find the best pillows and lamps! I love the wreath on your mirror! I vote for it to stay!

Ron said...

Great lamp choice, Kelly. TGIF!!!!

Stacey said...

Very pretty!

Daniela @Frugal Aint Cheap said...

I actually really like just one lamp on the sideboard in the dining room. The bigger one really makes a nice statement behind the sofa.

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Your changes always look great Kelly! I like the wreath hanging from the mirror.

NanaDiana said...

Love the change of lamps. It's amazing how even small changes can have big impact. Hope you have a wonderful weekend-xo Diana

Brenda Pruitt said...

Pretty lamp. I'll let you do the presto change-o stuff and I'll just sit idly by and watch. I've kind of got the hot summer doldrums.
Brenda

cynthia lee designs said...

Love the lamp changes you made.

~Cindy

SImple and Serene Living said...

Love the changes. I agree. The white lamps against the gray make a great pop. xo Laura

chateau chic said...

You have good taste in lamps, Kelly. I do like the taller one behind your sofa.
Mary Alice

Unknown said...

That's a lovely lamp. Your changes are pretty and your sofa with all the pillows looks not only lovely but also a great spot to relax. Our nights are cooler lately.

Bliss said...

I saw a big lamp that was unusually tall, brass, at a garage sale last week. I didn't buy it and it has bothered me since. To make myself feel better I decided I didn't buy it because they wanted too much, but really I can't remember the price.

This N That said...

Lookin' good Kelly

Ivy and Elephants said...

The height and heft of this lamp is just perfect behind the couch! Looking good!
Hugs,
Patti

Leslie said...

Hi Kelly,

First time visiting:) Your decor is lovely! I like the warmth that comes from a table lamp. I like the soft color of your shade. Also..very pretty grain sack pillows and I like your white slip covers:)

leslie

must love junk said...

Love the lamp 'change arounds'! (I had to laugh when you said 'poor things' going into the basement! That's how I feel when I'm always changing things out and taking them to the dreaded basement-ha!) I also really like the wreath on the mirror! :)
Susan

Anne said...

Pretty lamp change up! Love your table arrangement too!
xx
Anne

Unknown said...

Hi. I was stopping by in hopes of getting some help on a Martha Stewart Contest....I've been nominated and I was trying to get Votes...if you have time I would love to see you come by my blog, vote and also enter in a giveaway for your support!! Your able to vote 6 times in a row daily until Sept. 13th!! I would appreciate it so very much!! Thanks so much!
Daisy~

Junkchiccottage said...

Kelly,
I love your new lamp and it looks great. Love the shade too. Everything looks wonderful.
Kris

Linda said...

Your rooms always look fabulous!!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

This room looks great, Kelly! I love the lamps. I have a thing for lamps, too. Kind of like pillows, except I manage to restrain myself with the lamps. {Only because I have nowhere to put them all!}

Katie Mansfield said...

I love the color of your sideboard with the white pitchers and the lamp. Cute, cute.

Sandy said...

Love the lamp tweak! Mr. D. says I have an obsession with lamps. I guess I do. They make such a difference in the room. It's amazing how a little tweak here and there can really change the look of a room. I love looking at your dining room.